Terms for website usage.
The term 'STF Solutions' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is:
STF Fire Solutions Ltd
Glenfield Park Business Centre
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Terms for products and services.
(1) These Conditions shall apply to all contracts of sales & services between STF Solutions Ltd. (STF) and the Buyer.
(2) The terms of the Contract shall consist of the particulars set out in STF's Order Acknowledgement and these
Conditions of Sale. Any term in STF's Order Acknowledgement, which is at variance with these Conditions, shall prevail
over these Conditions, which shall be construed accordingly, except with regard to price in respect of which condition 5 (2)
(3) No other terms (whether continued in any document issued by the Buyer or in any written or oral communication
between the parties) shall apply to the contract nor shall these Conditions or the particulars contained in STF's Order
Acknowledgement be modified without STF's written agreement. STF shall be entitled to amend technical
specifications of the Goods or Services without notice.
(4) In order that these Conditions and the particulars in STF's Order Acknowledgement shall be a complete record of the
agreement between the parties with regard to the sale of the goods or services, the Buyer must ensure that any precontractual
representation on which the Buyer wishes to rely has been specified in those particulars.
In entering into the Contract, the Buyer does not rely upon any such representation made by or on behalf of the Company,
which has not been so specified.
2. QUOTATIONS AND ORDERS
(1) Unless accepted before lapse or withdrawal, or renewed in writing by STF, quotations shall lapse automatically after
30 days, but may be withdrawn earlier.
(2) Quotations are for information only and are not firm offers. There shall be no binding contract until STF has accepted
the Buyers order by dispatching STF's official acknowledgement of Order or Invoice.
(1) Although STF will endeavour to deliver the Goods within any delivery time specified in STF's Order Acknowledgement,
that time is an estimate and not a term of the contract.
(2) Any such time specified shall be extended by any period or periods during which the manufacture or delivery of the
Goods or other such work by STF in connection with the contract is delayed due to fire, explosion, flood, sabotage, strikes
(official and unofficial), riot, invasion, acts of war, shortage of labour, power or materials, civil commotion, accidents, plant
breakdowns, compliance with an order of an apparently competent authority, and any other event beyond STF's control.
(3) If any such delivery time is so extended by more than 90 days then the Buyer shall be entitled to give written notice to
STF requiring the Goods to be delivered within 30 days of the date of such notice failing which the Buyer shall have the
right to give further written notice determining the contract forthwith.
(4) STF shall be entitled to deliver the goods by instalments.
(5) In the case of United Kingdom customers, unless otherwise stated, STF will deliver to the Buyer's premises and will
charge separately for packing and carriage. In the case of exports unless otherwise stated delivery will be ex-works; but
STF will arrange sea carriage with a shipper nominated by the Buyer and carriage to the port of export on behalf of the
Buyer and all carriage will be charged forward for direct payment by the Buyer.
(6) The delivery by STF of a greater or lesser quantity of the Goods than the quantity provided for in the Contract the
delivery of other goods not provided for in the Contract or the delivery of Goods only some of which are defective, shall
not entitle the Buyer to reject all of the Goods delivered. In order that STF can comply with its carriers conditions, a claim
in respect of error in quantity or type of goods or in respect of the condition of the Goods delivered must be made in
writing to SF within 3 days or the carrier and STF notified within 5 days of receipt. Failure to make such claim shall
constitute unqualified acceptance of the Goods and waiver the Buyer of all claims relating to error in quantity or type of
Goods delivered or relating to the condition of goods delivered. Similarly, if any goods invoiced by STF are not delivered
the Buyer must notify STF within 25 days or the carrier and STF within 28 days of the date of invoice, failing which the
Buyer will be liable to pay for the Goods in full.
4. PROPERTY AND RISK
(1) The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery in the case of United Kingdom customers and upon
dispatch from STF's premises in the case of overseas customers.
(2) The property in the Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon Payment of all sums owing to STF under the Contract. In the
event of the Buyer failing to pay any part of the Contract price when it becomes due, STF shall be entitled to recover
possession of the Goods at any time thereafter and shall for that purpose be entitled to enter into any premises where the
Goods may be situated. The Buyer shall execute all such documents and give STF all such assistance as it may require
in order to register STF's interest in the Goods in the Buyer's country or which might otherwise be necessary in order to
preserve and protect STF's interest in the Goods. Notwithstanding the above, STF shall be entitled at any time to pass the
property in the Goods to the Buyer by written notice to that effect.
(1) Unless otherwise stated in STF's Order Acknowledgement prices for the Goods shall be ex-works, and shall be
exclusive of VAT, export duty and foreign import duty, packing, carriage, insurance, and any other costs, all of which shall
be the subject of additional charges.
(2) Prices stated in any quotation or in STF's Acknowledgement of Order, are provisional only, and subject to adjustment
to take account of increases in STF's costs and overheads.
(3) The Contract price shall be STF's price, ruling at the date of dispatch.
(1) If STF has granted the Buyer monthly account credit facilities, then payment of the price must be made with 30 days
of the date of invoice. Otherwise, payment must be in cash prior to delivery. Payment shall be made direct to STF in the
currency invoiced. The Buyer shall not be entitled to exercise any right of set-off against payment due to STF.
(2) STF shall be entitled to charge daily interest on any overdue sum at the rate of 5% per annum above the base-lending
rate for the time being of Royal Bank of Scotland plc from the due date until the date of actual payment.
7. WARRANTIES AND EXEMPTIONS
(1) If under proper use the goods or services develop any defect during the warranty period due to defective articles or
materials supplied or work carried out by STF, other than materials ordered, provided or specified, or work carried out to
the specification of the Buyer or his Agent STF shall, at its own expense replace or repair such goods as are defective so
as to remedy the defects except where such defect are attributable to accident, fair wear and tear or any action, omission
or neglect of the buyer or of his agents, the buyer must give STF notice of any alleged defect as soon as it becomes
apparent and shall (unless otherwise instructed by STF) retain the goods at the buyers premises for inspection by STF,
give STF adequate facilities to investigate the complaint at the buyers premises. The "Warranty Period" shall mean the
period specified in STF's order acknowledgement as the warranty period and if no such period is specified, then a period
of 12 months from the date of delivery.
(2) Except as expressly stated above, there shall be excluded from the contract any warranty, condition or statement,
express or implied, statutory or otherwise, as to quality, merchantability, or fitness of the goods for any particular purpose.
(3) STF shall not be liable in any event whatsoever for any indirect, special or consequential damages, arising out of the
use of the goods at any time or howsoever caused by the goods.
8. INSOLVENCY AND DEFAULT
In the event of the Buyer becoming (or appearing to STF to become) bankrupt or going (or appearing to STF to be about
to go) into liquidation, suspending payment of debts or making any arrangement with creditors, or failing to pay in
accordance with the terms of the contract or being in breach of any other term of the Contract, STF shall be entitled,
without prejudice to its other rights to postpone delivery or manufacture (both in respect of the Contract in question and
any other contract with the Buyer) until such payment has been made, or other breach rectified, and/or (at its option) to
determine the Contract (and/or any other such contracts) and to recover payment
for all deliveries already made and for the cost of materials and labour already expanded for the purpose of future
deliveries (less any allowance of the value thereof as utilised by STF for other purposes) and also to recover from the
Buyer a sum equivalent to STF's loss of profit arising out of such determination. The exercise of STF's
option to postpone delivery or manufacture shall not prevent the subsequent exercise of STF's option to determine the
contract and/or any other such contracts.
The Contract may be cancelled by the Buyer only with STF's written consent in the event of such cancellation, the Buyer
shall pay to STF a cancellation charge commensurate with STF's costs incurred up to the date of cancellation, plus STF's
loss of profit. If the contract with the buyer is on a service provision basis, then 2 months written notice to STF's head
office is required & conformation of said document by a member of STF's staff.
10. LAW AND JURISDICTION
The proper law of the Contract shall be English law, and shall, except where otherwise herein provided, be dealt with by
the Courts of England, save that STF shall be entitled to bring proceedings against the Buyer in the Courts of the
jurisdiction where the Buyer resides or carries on business, the option to determine the contract and/or any other such